Friday, December 16, 2016

End of the Semester

I had a nutella Conad pastry for breakfast and then walked to fresco class at 9. We left SACI to take a field trip to Santa Trinita church, right near the apartment. On the way I stopped for a very good cappuccino, which I wasn't able to finish before entering the church, so I stuck the cup in my jacket pocket. Big pockets are nice.

After looking at the church frescoes, we walked to a nearby cafe across the river and the professor bought everyone mulled wine. I thought it tasted a bit like dentist office mixed with drain cleaner, but others seemed to like it.

It also made my tongue go numb.
An expresso is an espresso very fast.

We then said goodbye to the professor and the class split up for lunch. Somehow I ended up walking with USC Vanessa and an MFA student to look for pizza. The pizza place I was looking for was closed when we arrived though, so we instead went to a place the MFA student frequented, called Cafe Paradiso. This proved to be a good thing, because the food was super tasty and ridiculously cheap. When we asked for the bill, the owner of the restaurant told us 18 euros. Per person? No, for everything. Oh.
I got spaghetti with garlic and roasted potatoes. In the background you can see USC Vanessa's meatballs. That's a spicy meatball!

Then the MFA student showed us around that part of the river a little. I wish I had talked to this guy earlier!

I got back to the apartment at 4 or so and continued packing. I got my big suitcase to be just under 50 pounds, and I've got a good amount of room in my carry on still. Chocolate seems to take up the most of the weight limit at the moment.

At 6 I walked to SACI for the end of year dinner. Food wasn't that good, but it was free. Our animations were screened in the lecture hall at 7:15, and people seemed to find my chicken thing funny.

Now I'm back at the apartment and just about done packing everything I can today.

4 comments:

  1. Looking at a map to see where cafe paradiso is. Suddenly had this urge to be in Florence again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, looks like it was called Club Paradiso, not cafe.

      We can come back to this city at some point, yes?

      Delete