Friday, December 9, 2016

Frescoes and Chinese Food

After a hearty Cheerios breakfast, I walked to fresco class at 9am. Today was all about finishing our finals, so I spent the time making some fake marble and melting ox bone glue in an attempt to save one of my prior frescoes. Lunch was at the Oil Shoppe next door (tuna sandwich) and a cup of vending machine coffee. After class I walked my final fresco over to the other SACI building for entry into the end-of-year student gallery, and then I walked across the city to Cartavetra to pick up some miscellaneous picture book stuff so I can work on it over the weekend.

For dinner I walked with Di the Chinese roommate to a Chinese restaurant patroned only by Chinese people. We only got takeout, but it was an interesting experience because I really stood out in there. I ended up getting some veggie noodles and eating them back at the apartment. Right now I'm doing a massive laundry session because I have officially run out of pants to wear (I am wearing leggings right now as a last resort), and it is too cold to not wear pants.

A couple recent pictures:

Here's a monotyped radio guy from the internship. I think I have mastered box cutter usage skills.

These olives I got came with their own toothpick. I thought it was cute.
Also, it looks like I've hit 100 blog posts here. I guess it's become a habit now.

3 comments: