Thursday, September 29, 2016

Beans!

Up at 7 today with a coffee yogurt for breakfast. Internship was at 10, and it just consisted of me working on more picture book drawing. As per Daddy's advice, I tried speaking more Italian with Brunella and Samuele the bowl cut guy, and they seemed to understand me alright. I may have sneaked in some Spanish, though.

After interning I went to the next door Carrefour to buy my bi-weekly milk and bread, plus some other items I had run out of. Another note about Italy I don't think I've mentioned yet: there's no extra sales tax or tip added to any purchases, so what price you see listed is exactly what you pay. This makes calculating euro amounts a lot easier, and I will be sad when I have to factor in sales tax again. Anyways, I walked all the groceries over to the apartment and made some pasta for lunch, not with the hollow bucatini but with regular farfalle. Then some empty time before class in which I did some reading and took a 20 minute nap (a bad, bad idea), and then off to 3D animation class, which was pretty much just a lab time to work on the assignment. Someone suggested that we listen to classic Disney music during class, so that was that for 3 hours. It's all stuck in my head now.

Back to the apartment, where I took my leftover bean soup out of the freezer for 9pm dinner. The freezer here doesn't kid around. The tupperware looked like it had just escaped from Siberia, and it took approximately 8 minutes in the microwave to get it down to room temperature. All of the soup in the tupperware ended up being defrosted, and I think I overestimated my soup-eating capabilities. I think I've got enough bean soup for the rest of the week's dinner. Beans are very filling, it turns out. I had some cookies and milk for dessert, and now I'm thinking of going to sleep relatively early because I don't want to be all tired tomorrow. No more napping.

Cookies and milk.

1 comment:

  1. Those are really pretty cookies. Think i want one now...

    ReplyDelete