I had cheerios for breakfast this morning, and then headed off for SACI at 9. I stopped off at the SACI library briefly to check out the reading for my cinema history class, and also got a little tour of the library from the librarian. The book selection is very nice, and I can see myself spending a good amount of time there.
In the Italian cinema class today we saw a film called Rome, Open City, an Italian neorealist movie about Italian resistance fighters in fascist Italy. The weird thing about the movie though was, although there were subtitles, they were selective subtitles, as if the subtitle writer was being charged for each letter he typed. So the characters would be having a conversation or something for thirty seconds, and all you'd get at the bottom was "I am going to marry Francesco tomorrow", and you had to fill in the rest of the dialogue with limited Italian skills and imagination.
After class I went back to the apartment and gave the special sauce-mixed-in pasta another try, this time replacing celery with peppers and olives. I don't remember if I've mentioned it yet, but the olives here are very tasty. The pasta turned out good, though I think I made too much pasta because rotini kept on flying out of the pan as I tried to stir it.
![]() |
| Pasta concoction. |
I then walked to the animation class at 4 and turned in my stair climbing assignment from last week. Class was fine, and I got back to the apartment at 7:30, had the leftover pasta for dinner (I think I am getting sick of pasta now... I don't know how David does this pasta everyday thing), and now I've got to figure out an ending for the Brunella picture book so I have something to do tomorrow at the internship. Also still feeling sick-- have a headache and runny sneezy nose. I'm probably going to try to sleep early tonight.
Here's the stair climbing animation I worked on. Note that the focus was on the animating, not the aesthetic quality of the models, so there's no shadows/lighting and the sky and rocks have crummy textures... but here you go!

No comments:
Post a Comment