Cheerios for breakfast, and then fresco class at 9am today. We were finishing our Michelangelo Sistine Chapel copy frescoes from last week, so I worked on that until lunch at 12:30. For lunch, I walked with some other classmates to a pizzeria near school and got a slab of pizza margherita. It had a surprisingly flaky, buttery crust, very unlike American pizza. I'm not sure if that's the Italy norm though. Then I got some gelato for dessert from a gelateria down the street, and then went back to class. We worked on the frescoes for another couple hours. I finished a little early, but hung out while waiting for friends to finish, and then at 4:30 somehow got roped into walking to another friend's house to play Dungeons and Dragons, which I know nothing about. Said friend did help me create a character card. I guess it's a good way to meet other people.
 |
| Pizza for lunch. |
 |
| Gelato! Straciatella (one of my favorite flavors now) and regular chocolate, because the gelateria doubled as a chocolate store (see chocolate bars in the background). |
After that, I walked back to the apartment. I waffled about going to chabad tonight, but I realized I didn't actually know where chabad was. In the end I didn't end up going and had bean soup and a tuna sandwich for dinner, with chocolate cookies and peanut butter and milk for dessert. I also considered going out for a walk at night, but I then ended up just talking with roommates and that didn't happen. It's ok, though, because I should really go to sleep early tonight for early wake up tomorrow. I signed up for a field trip to Bologna, which one other roommate is also going on. I'm not entirely sure it was a good idea to sign up for this one, because I've got a lot of animation homework. I'll definitely get my exercise for the week though.
 |
| Further proof that addresses in Italy make no sense. In this picture you can see number 11 and number 49 are next to each other on the same street. The whole street was like this. Number 110 was a couple doors down. |
No comments:
Post a Comment