Sunday, September 11, 2016

Pizza Pasta Night

Not a very interesting day today. In the morning I had a yogurt and walked to SACI to finish my animation homework, with a quick break to have leftover pasta for lunch. I finished that homework at around 5pm, then walked back to my apartment (with a quick stop at the supermarket for milk) to sew up a few tears in my money belt and do some drawing homework. At some point it was decided that we (USC people) were going out for dinner, so we walked to a trattoria down the block. The place was clearly meant for tourists; all the waiters spoke English and the menus were all in English, but it was cheap and very close. I split a pizza margherita and a pici vegetariani (I learned today that pici is a type of pasta) with USC Tiffany. The pizza tasted like an American pizza, but the pasta was very very good. I would get that pasta again.

For dessert we walked to a gelateria called Gelateria dei Neri (that's the name of the street it's on), and I got caramel and dark chocolate. The caramel gelato was really just liquid caramel, which tasted great but necessitated a glass of milk, which I got back at the apartment. Then I did some more drawing homework and put some clothing in the laundry machine. I put that in at 9pm, and interestingly the machine is still going, at 10:42pm. This is a bit troubling. I hope my clothes come out soon.

The full pizza.

Half a pizza and the accompanying pasta.

Gelato for dessert.

3 comments: