Up a little later, at around 9. Daddy and Mommy both have colds, possibly fevers, so we decided to take it easy. Mommy and I left Daddy to sleep at the apartment and walked to Conad to do some brief grocery shopping (got some cannoli), to my apartment to pack up summer clothes, and then shoe shopping along the Ponte Vecchio. We ended up just buying some boots for me because Mommy couldn't find comfy enough affordable leather shoes.
With shoes in tow, we stopped at the same pizza place next to our Airbnb that we went to a few days ago and ordered two pizzas to go (also got a chocolate cannoli at a fancy bakery). We brought the pizzas over to the apartment and met Daddy there (he had gone out to take a walk while we were out).
 |
| On the Ponte Vecchio, suitcase in tow. |
 |
| Got the boots, left the black ballerina shoes. |
 |
| Yummy pizza! |
After lunch, we walked up the hill past our apartment to Piazza Michelangelo, where there's a green David statue and a good view of the city. We hung out there for a bit, and then we continued up the hill to San Miniato church. I've been there before, but the view was still very nice.
 |
| In the Rose Garden along the path to San Miniato. |
 |
| Mommy with a statue. |
 |
| These photos go in sequence. |
 |
| Hehe. |
 |
| So many stairs! |
 |
| San Miniato church. |
Despite the view, I had become very tired at that point, so while Mommy and Daddy continued on ahead beyond the church, I walked back to the apartment. I meant to read a book while waiting for them to come back, but I ended up falling asleep instead. When I woke up, I found that while the parents had come back, they had also decided to take a siesta. I did some reading, and everyone was awake and moving again in time to figure out dinner. We ended up walking to Ruth's, a kosher vegetarian restaurant (the only kosher restaurant in Florence). Food was good and a nice change from standard Italian food. We got some vegetable soup and a sampler plate that included falafels, taboulleh, pita bread, hummus, tahini, and some other bits of things that I don't know the name of best tasted good.
 |
| Their necks must hurt. |
 |
| In the kosher restaurant. We were the only ones there for a while (at 7:30), but it slowly filled up. |
 |
| The synagogue is pretty at night. |
After dinner we took some pictures in front of the Florence synagogue and then walked to Conad for milk. Back at the apartment I made some Ciobar hot chocolate for dessert, and then sleep time.
No comments:
Post a Comment