Today started with yogurt and hot chocolate coffee for breakfast, and then internship at 10. Today was a lot more interesting than prior days because I was doing actual monotype work and not jsut noodling over the story of the book. Monotype is kind of fun because you get fast results. The only issue with it is that it's incredibly inexact, and the slightest mistake will create an entirely different image than what was originally intended. I also spoke a bit more Italian today with Brunella and the rest of the picture book club, and that was nice.
I made a brief stop at Conad on the way to class for a tuna salad and some focaccia bread. The tuna salad was for lunch, the focaccia, dinner. In drawing class we finished up the drawings from Monday. Somehow I've been roped in to making really big drawings on really big sheets of paper. Probably not going to be able to take it home with me, but I'll take pictures before I leave.
After class, exciting news back at the apartment was that little wormy bug things were found in the container the roommates use to dry/store their utensils in the kitchen. Since September I have been washing and towel drying my dishes and utensils just to keep things separate and avoid confusion, and at this moment I am highly relieved that I have been doing that. One roommate filled the utensil drying container with bleach (to kill the bugs I guess?), and I said that we should probably all clean the entire kitchen now. This suggestion elicited a mixed response, one that she "always does the cleaning and is not going to do it this time" and the other that "they are drain flies and we only have to clean that one utensil container and the drain, not the whole kitchen". I decided to wait for other roommates to arrive to see if they would agree with my opinion on the matter (I'm fine cleaning, but I don't think it's fair to have to do it myself). I retreated back to my room, and then I suddenly hear, "Deena! Come help clean the kitchen!" So, alright then, I guess we are cleaning the kitchen. But it wasn't my idea, it was theirs.
Anyway, we went and cleaned, and then one roommate, examining the utensil container, starts up this dialogue:
Roommate: I can't tell if they're still moving. I think they're dead.
Me: Can we just throw that out already?
RM: (wiggling container) Hm, I think they're dead. Eww.
Me: Eww. Why are you still looking at them?
RM: I just can't get over that we were eating from utensils put in here.
Me: Yeah, it's pretty gross. Are you going to throw that out, or do you want me to?
RM: No, I'll throw it out. You weren't eating out of here, so you don't get it.
Me: Ok.
RM: Yup, I think it's dead. Do I just put it in the trash outside? Is that legal?
Me: Just throw it out! Or down a street drain.
RM: Ok... I think they're dead.
The bug larvae were subsequently disposed of. I don't know the chosen method.
At 8 I went over to more drawing at SACI, and then at 10 back to the apartment. Watched a movie with some roommates, which was probably not the best judgement call because I have to get up for the internship tomorrow. I might require a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment