Friday, November 11, 2016

I Feel Sick and Blechy

I woke up at 7 this morning, finished off my milk with cheerios, and then went to fresco class at 9. We're starting our final projects now, and I'm working with a group that's doing a wall interior. I'm painting a window looking out onto a street, and there's a possibility of pigeons. The actual class was fine, but I felt sick and blechy all through it, and it hasn't gotten better yet.

For lunch I walked to the Oil Shoppe to try one of their pastas. Their sandwiches are better by far. Then back to fresco class until 4. After class, one of my friends in the book arts class showed me how to make my own sketchbook (my current one is dangerously low on pages). I'm glad I didn't take the actual books arts class because I can't cut things in a straight line, but it's very satisfying to have your own handmade book at the end.

It took me three hours to make the book. Back at the apartment I had two pieces of toast with tea for dinner, cleared out of the kitchen once the endless, circular U.S. election conversation cropped up again, and now I am wrapped in a blanket, sitting on my bed, and typing this up. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Some pictures from the past couple of days:


There's a store called Pylones on the way to school that sells super cute expensive doodads you didn't know you needed. Here are owl and cherry contact lens cases.

A Pope Francis bobble head that waves.

Motorcycle pizza cutter.

Also on the way to school is a pet shop. Through the outside window you can see into the back room, where the birds and bunnies hang out. I miss parakeets.

My tiramisu dessert from the USC dinner last night. The pizza was not especially noteworthy, but that was some good tiramisu.
I also went and typed up Monday's entry (it had gotten deleted before when my phone decided to make a stand and do an impromptu restart while I was typing). Now everything is up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment