Tuesday, October 11, 2016

La Vita Noiosa

Yogurt for breakfast today while I did some class reading, and then off to Italian Cinema class at 9. The movie today was Fellini's La Dolce Vita. Maybe I just don't understand Fellini, but even though I know this movie is supposed to be a big deal in movie history, I thought it was a strenuous exercise in keeping my eyes open for the whole three hours. It's about this reporter guy who, through a variety of metaphors and symbolism, realizes that life is not, in fact, sweet. I packed myself a nutella sandwich to nibble on while watching the movie, and I still had trouble staying awake.

Anyways, after class I walked back to the apartment and took a glorious 2 hour nap. I then had linner, during which I packed myself full of bean soup, pasta, tuna salad, and some cookies. I went to animation class at 4, where we went over last weeks assignment and got started on this week's. Halfway through class there was an art gallery opening downstairs, so I got some last minute bread and cheese to really top off the stomach.

At 7:30, when class got out, I hightailed it over to chabad to catch the last half of kol nidre, and then walked back to the apartment. The roommates are cooking dinner, and I am holed up in my room. Yom Kippur is gonna be tough.

Also here's an animation from a few weeks ago, for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment