No breakfast today, which actually let me sleep in a little longer before internship today. I got to the art gallery at 10. I worked on my picture book for a bit, and then I listened in on the picture book making group Brunella was meeting with. They were critiquing each other's books, and I sometimes gave some suggestions. Then they all critiqued what I had so far, and that was pretty helpful.
At 12:45 I left the internship and power-walked to drawing class. Again, not eating lunch really kept down my transit time. From there we all took a public bus across the city, up a hill, to San Miniato, a place that has a very good view of Florence. There we sat and sketched. The professor told me I was good at line drawings but not good at all at drawing light and shadow, so that's something to work on.
At 3:30 we walked back to the drawing classroom, no bus. That's like a thirty five minute walk, plus some stairs thrown in. Not fun when you're hungry and tired and miserable.
I hung out at SACI then until 5, when I walked to chabad for services finally. Services were fine, though at the very end of Neilah a woman suddenly had a seizure and that was scary for a minute. She was fine though by the end of the service, it looked like.
After services there was cake, and it tasted good because I was hungry. I was in a fairly happy mood then because food, so I fairly skipped to a Conad to buy some cereal and milk and went back to the apartment. When I arrived at the apartment, I noticed that no roommates were there. That was odd. I considered that for a bit, and then I realized that it was Wednesday, drawing boot camp day, and I was thirty minutes late to more drawing class. So, grudgingly, I left behind my cereal and milk and walked all the way back to SACI. I think I was really out of it at that point, because I somehow walked in a circle around the school before I remembered where to turn. I drew for an hour and a half there. Finally at 10 I walked back to the apartment and had my beautiful beautiful cereal with milk.
Thus ended perhaps my longest Yom Kippur in my recent memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment