Friday, October 21, 2016

Italian Hot Chocolate and Lots of Pizza

I had some cheerios for breakfast this morning and walked to fresco class at 9. Today was our sort-of midterm, though all we did was just finish a little fresco painting during the class period. I mostly finished before lunch, so for the rest of class I just doodled and talked with classmates.

Lunch was nice, though. I got some margherita pizza from a pizzeria directly across from fresco class. Then I walked with two friends to a caffe, and we all got some cioccolato caldo, or hot chocolate. Unlike the USA version, this hot chocolate is less sweet and more like pudding, and it tastes like magic.

Pizza on the go.
Hot chocolate and a croissant for dessert. Especially nice on a cold day.

After lunch I went back to class until 4, and then walked back to the apartment. With a roommate I then organized a trip to Perugia tomorrow, where, almost coincidentally, there's a chocolate festival going on. My roommate came up with the location without any knowledge of the festival, so we were both surprised when we saw it was happening. It's probably going to be really busy there, but also there's going to be chocolate.

I made a foccacia bread pizza for dinner (lots of pizza today, but I had to eat that foccacia bread before it went bad). Now I'm trying to stay awake until a reasonable sleep time because I'm very tired.

These pictures are from a couple days ago. There was a fire vehicle show going on in the Palazzo Vecchio down the street, and all these cool cars and motorbikes were on display.

I had never seen a fire boat before, but I guess you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment