Sunday, October 16, 2016

In Which I Make Potatoes

I started today with some cereal, some nagging David to write his essay, and a walk up the hill just to the south of the apartment. I needed to do a landscape drawing, and San Miniato, a church at the top of the hill, has arguably the best view in Florence. Halfway up the hill though I got distracted by a rose garden, and I ended up finding a path to a bench that overlooked a decent view of the city. I sat there and got the drawing done, and maybe only a couple tourists bothered to climb the same trail, so I had the space mostly to myself and the lizards that would periodically scamper by. I also thought ahead and packed myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, so that was lunch, plus the leftover Siena pastries from yesterday.

The rose garden. Roses are out of season now,

View from my sitting spot.
My sitting spot.
At 1 I walked back to the apartment (brief stop at Conad for vegetables), dropped off some stuff, then walked to SACI to work on animation homework. I called that a day at 5, and back at the apartment I stuck some potatoes (by potatoes I mean one large potato cut up into smaller pieces) in the oven and had a salad for dinner.
Cooking skill level up.
Then laundry time, and now for more homework. The plan is to get up early tomorrow in time to nag David about his essay some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment