Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Short Update

Keeping this one short because I'm typing on my phone instead of my computer.

Cheerios for breakfast and then cinema class at 9:30, where we watched the movie La Grande Belleza, a pretentious movie (in my opinion) about rich Italians with too much time on their hands. I then made some pasta for lunch, walked back to SACI quickly to pick up some mail and renew a library book, and then went to animation class to turn in a midterm and work on layout stuff for the final. I had a lot of trouble with that because my Maya file was too large or something, and that slowed the computer way down to almost unworkable levels. At times like these I miss usc computers.

After class I had to go to a second film screening for cinema class. This was a more modern movie, and I don't remember the name of it, but it was like a weirder version of Mamma Mia minus the ABBA songs plus more Italians.

On the way to this second movie, I stopped at vegetarian falafel place for dinner. My prior experience with falafels here was not so good, so I was taking my chances, but the one I got this time was actually very tasty. It had pesto sauce and Parmesan cheese in it, interestingly.

And then, walking from the falafel place, I turned a corner and came face to face with someone I know from high school and haven't spoken to since then. She said she was studying abroad in Denmark, but was in Florence to visit a friend. We talked briefly, but it was very weird to see someone like that randomly and way out of context. Small world!

Anyway, after the movie I walked back to the apartment and finished the picture book drawings finally for the internship. I really hope I won't have to revise it more.

1 comment: